The Stoller Hall welcomes all audience members, including those who may need additional support with their booking or visit. By letting us know about your requirements, we can help you to access suitable seating, request companion seats or plan any other aspects of your visit.
During your visit, please do not hesitate to approach any staff member for assistance or guidance. All our staff wear black and have a lanyard and a name badge.
We’re making our venue more accessible with What3Words. The precise location of our public entrance is here. Tap the link or search ‘medium.trains.held’ in the What3Words app to find it.
To enable you to make the most of your visit, we have set up an access scheme for our audiences with any additional needs.
Before requesting a free seat for a personal assistant, we ask you to join our Access Scheme. As a member of the scheme, you will be able to make your own bookings online if you wish to do so, including booking free seats for a Personal Assistant or reserving one of our wheelchair spaces. Of course, we’re always happy to assist with bookings or amend your account set up if you prefer to speak to us in person. We aim to respond to email enquiries within three days, and to postal enquiries within three days of receipt.
To join the Access Scheme:
- Download and complete the form, and return it to us by post, in person or by email. Our postal address is The Stoller Hall, Chetham’s School of Music, Long Millgate, Manchester, M3 1SB.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the questions on the form by email.
- Visit us in person, or call us on 0333 130 0967 and a member of our Box Office staff will complete the form with you. Our entrance is on Hunts Bank, opposite Manchester Arena and Victoria Station.
- You will be asked to provide a copy, or show an original, of one of the following in order to automatically verify your membership of the scheme:
- Front page of DLA / PIP (no specific rate)
- Front page of Attendance Allowance letter (no specific rate)
- Evidence that registered severely sight impaired (blind)
- Recognised Assistance Dog ID card
- Credibility’s Access Card
- If you don’t have access to any of the above, please provide any other evidence, such as a GP or carer’s letter, or a registration card for support groups, public services or other networks. This evidence will be reviewed on a case by case basis which may take up to 3 working days; we suggest making any application in good time prior to any event you wish to attend, so that we can best support your attendance.
When you arrive
- The Stoller Hall usually opens one hour before the performance is due to start.
- Our friendly security staff are on hand to assist at the door, as well as members of our Front of House team.
- The Box Office is directly on your right as you enter the building. If you haven’t yet provided any of the above documents, you will need to bring this with you on the night to collect your free personal assistant ticket.
- Accessible toilets are on the left, 25m level access from the front doors.
- Our bar is in the atrium, and has a low level counter position.
- To get from the atrium to your seat, there is a flight of stairs or a lift that can take you down to the Stalls entrance, a total of c.30m
- Unless stated specifically within the show description, we do not use strobe lighting.
- Medication and medical equipment are permitted within the building. Please contact our box office if you have any questions.
- We work with Attitude is Everything to constantly improve accessibility throughout our venue.