The Stoller Hall welcomes all audience members, including those who may need additional support with their booking or visit. By letting us know about your requirements, we can help you to access suitable seating, request companion seats or plan any other aspects of your visit.
During your visit, please do not hesitate to approach any staff member for assistance or guidance. Our staff wear black polo shirts with a red Stoller Hall logo on.
We’re making our venue more accessible with What3Words. The precise location of our public entrance is here. Tap the link or search ‘medium.trains.held’ in the What3Words app to find it.
If you’re arriving by car Q-Park Deansgate North has 23 accessible parking spaces as well as an accessible drop-off point. Accessible drop-off points are also available at Victoria Station which is 30 metres from our Hunts Bank entrance.
To enable you to make the most of your visit, we have set up an access scheme for our audiences with any additional needs.
Before requesting a free seat for a personal assistant, we ask you to join our Access Scheme. As a member of the scheme, you will be able to make your own bookings online if you wish to do so, including booking free seats for a Personal Assistant or reserving one of our wheelchair spaces. Of course, we’re always happy to assist with bookings or amend your account set up if you prefer to speak to us in person. We aim to respond to email enquiries within three days, and to postal enquiries within five days of receipt.
To join the Access Scheme:
- You can fill out our online form, and a member of our team will get back in touch with you. You can find the form here.
- Alternatively, you can download a word document version of the form and return it to us by post, in person or by email. Our postal address is The Stoller Hall, Chetham’s School of Music, Long Millgate, Manchester, M3 1SB. You can download the form here.
- Email email@example.com receive the questions on the form by email.
- Visit us in person, or call us on 0333 130 0967 and a member of our Box Office staff will complete the form with you. Our entrance is on Hunts Bank, opposite Manchester Arena and Victoria Station.
Please note: Our box office will be closed from Saturday 23 December and will reopen on Thursday 4 January 2024, so any access scheme requests sent during this period will processed once we reopen.
When you arrive
- The Stoller Hall usually opens one hour before the performance is due to start.
- Our friendly security staff are on hand to assist at the door, as well as members of our Front of House team. All our staff wear black polo shirts with a red Stoller Hall logo on.
- The Box Office is directly on your right as you enter the building. If you haven’t yet provided any of the above documents, you will need to bring this with you on the night to collect your free personal assistant ticket.
- Accessible toilets are on the left, 25m level access from the front doors.
- Our bar is in the atrium, and has a low level counter position.
- To get from the atrium to your seat, there is a flight of stairs or a lift that can take you down to the Stalls entrance, a total of c.30m.
- The auditorium usually opens half an hour before the performance is due to start. We can arrange for access customers to be shown into the auditorium 10 minutes early – please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so that we can make sure this is arranged for you.
- If you need a quiet area during your visit, please let our staff members know and they can show you to our quiet space.
- Unless stated specifically within the show description, we do not use strobe lighting.
- Medication and medical equipment are permitted within the building. Please contact our box office if you have any questions.
- For events with printed programmes, we can arrange for large-print programmes that can be collected at the performance. Please contact our box office if you would like to request one.
- If you are interested in having BSL interpretation at an event, please do let us know, and we will work to accommodate this if it is possible.
- We have a hearing loop system installed in our main Stoller Hall auditorium – you can find more information here.
- We have tactile wayfinding signage in our building – you can find more information here.
- We work with Attitude is Everything to constantly improve accessibility throughout our venue.